Draught & Package
Wise Prick (Prickly Pear & Elderflower)– 5.5% ABV
Homemade Apple Pie– (Cinnamon, Vanilla, Spices)- 5.5% ABV
Blueberry Crumble-(Blueberry, Macadamia nut, Vanilla) –5.5% ABV
Cherry -5.5% ABV
Golden English Dry-6.9% ABV
Mango & 7 Pot Pepper-5.5% ABV
Key Lime Pie – 5.5% ABV
Arkansas Black (Single Varietal) 6.9% ABV
Red Currant– 5.5% ABV
Our Mead & Wine
Pom Pom- Pomegranate & Lime-Collaboration with Zydeco Brewerks Melomel 10% ABV
Triple Threat– Orange Blossom with Strawberry, Acai, & Blackberry- Melomel – 12% ABV
Bubble Bee Blackberry – -Sparkling Melomel-7% ABV
Blackberry Vanilla Oak– Orange Blossom with Blackberries and Vanilla aged on French Oak- Melomel- 14% ABV
Barrel Aged Blackberry – Blackberries aged in bourbon barrel -Cyzer 8% ABV
Moose Blood– Cherry &Vanilla aged in whiskey barrels- Melomel- 13% ABV
15th Street Red- House made Red Blend 12% ABV
Ybor White- House made White Blend-11% ABV
King State Brewing – Shandy- Wheat Ale & Lemonade 2.2% ABV
Barriehaus Brewing- Tampa Export- Dortmunder Lager 5.8% ABV
Commerce Brewing Co. – We Are Not Forgotten – Pale Ale 5.8% ABV
Edmund’s Oast Brewing. – Leather Jacket Porter 6.5% ABV
7venth Sun Brewing – Black Hole Sun Raspberry, Orange, & Coffee Sour Ale 4.5%ABV
Tasting Room Hours
Friday : 5pm-12am
Saturday & Sunday: 12pm-12am
Monday & Tuesday: Closed
What is a Cider?
Ciders are made from apples and can be classified anywhere from “dry” to “sweet.” Many variations and styles of ciders are produced.
What is a Mead?
Meads are produced with honey and run the gamut from dry to sweet and anywhere in between. There are many styles of mead, such as:
- Melomel: Mead made with fruit added
- Braggot (or Bracket) Mead made with malted grain (usually barley)
- Hydromel: This is the term for a weak or watered down mead
- Pyment: This is mead made with grape or grape juice added. This is also the term for a grape wine that has honey added to it.
- Cyser – A mead made with apples or apple juice
- Metheglin: A mead made with added spices – often considered to have medicinal traits. Some common spices are cinnamon, nutmeg or cloves
- Rhodomel : An ancient Roman term for a mead made with rose petals
- Sack Mead: A mead with a very high honey content. It has a high density and is often sweeter than typical meads. This can be thought of as a dessert wine of meads.
- Show Mead: This is a term that has come to define a plain mead with no spices or fruits added.
- Short Mead : (Also referred to as a quick mead) this is a mead that is made in a fashion so it matures quickly. Short meads are often very similar to ales.
- Great Mead: Kind of like the opposite of a Short Mead. This mead is designed to be bottled and aged for several years.
- Sparkling Mead: A carbonated mead much like a sparkling wine. This is usually achieved by adding a small amount of honey or sugar just before bottling. This causes a small secondary ferment while in the bottle that will elevate the pressure and sweetness.
- Morat: A Melomel made from Mulberries
- Hippocras: A pyment to which spices have been added
- Omphacomel: mead made with verjuice which is the juice of unripened grapes. This is often considered to be a type of pyment.
- Oxymel – Made with wine vinegar
- Acerglyn – Mead made with maple syrup
- Bochet – refers to a mead that was made with the honey caramelized or burned before it is added to the water. Creates several different flavors including toffee, chocolate or marshamallow.
- Capsicumel – Flavored with chili pepper
- Black Mead – Made with Black Currants
- Mulled Mead – This refers to a mead that is heated before drinking. Typically it has spices for flavoring.
Meads around the world:
- Tej – Ethiopian mead
- Acan – Native Mexican Mead
- Acerglyn – Made with Maple syrup
- Gverc – Croatian variety of mead
- Dwojniak – Polish mead using equal amounts of honey and water
- Poltorak – Polish mead made with two parts water and one part honey
- Czworniak – Polish mead made with three parts water and one part honey
- Sima – A finnish mead seasoned with lemon
- Pitarilla – Mayan mead made with the bark of the balche tree
- Medica – Slovenian and Croation mead
- Dandaghare – Nepalese mead made with Himilayan herbs and spices.
- Medovina – Eastern European mead , Czech republic, Serbia, Bulgaria, and Bosnia
- Medovukha – Eastern Slavic mead
- iQhilika – South African
Faux Meads or Mead-like Drinks:
- Mulsum – A drink made from fermented wine that has had honey freshly added to it. This is an ancient Roman drink.
- Conditum – another Roman recipe that mixes wine with honey and added spices. Conditum, is aged rather than being served immediately.
Names for Mead over the Centuries:
- Med – Slavic
- Midus – Baltic
- Medd – Welsh
- Mid – Old Irish
- Madhu – Sanskrit
- Nectar: Greek term possibly meaning mead
- Ambrosia: Also possibly an ancient name for mead
Whether you’re a mead or cider enthusiast already or looking to expand your palette beyond beer, we want to offer our customers a diverse selection of ciders and meads brewed with Florida grown ingredients and always 100% natural in the heart of historic Ybor City.
Cigar City Cider & Mead opened its doors in late 2014. Since then we have produced countless ciders and meads, with most of our offerings exclusive to our tasting room. We offer our Hard Cider and Homemade Apple Pie Cider in 6-pack cans and will continue to expand our canned and bottled lineup this year. For on-line orders https://bevv.com/consumers/
Cigar City Cider & Mead
1812 N 15th St
Tampa, FL 33605
Tasting Room Hours
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 5pm-12am
Monday & Tuesday: Closed